How Social Media Helps Startup Companies
There are over 3 billion social media users all around the world. With the sheer amount of people using social media, it is almost a requirement for businesses especially startups to tap into social media if they wish to grow and expand their consumer base.
With that being said, here are a number of reasons why startup companies should start utilizing social media as part of their business plan.
- Learn your audience
- Social media gives you a way to connect to your audience and your potential market. Often times, social media can allow you to see different metrics and the demographics of the people who visit, like, comment on your social media account or perform other activities related to it. Using that information, you can then make more informed business decisions to further grow your startup.
- Instant feedback
- Conversation is important between you and your consumers. Social media acts as the platform whereupon you can communicate with your consumers in a two-way street. This way, you can convey your business ideals to your consumers clearly and in the same way consumers can relay their thoughts and suggestions to you. Considering the comments and suggestions of your customers is important as they can offer insights on how you can better serve them.
- Increase in web traffic and search ranking
- Maintaining different social media platforms can also help increase your brand’s presence on the internet. As a consequence, you can increase your likelihood of your startup or brand appearing in search results. Social media is one of the easiest ways for people to connect to your brand or business and by utilizing it, you can potentially take this opportunity to win them over as future customers.
- Increasing brand awareness
- As mentioned previously, maintaining a presence online means that people have access to the content that you create and share. They get to see a glimpse of what your company is and what ideals you stand for. In doing so, they become more informed of your brand and this could help affect their likelihood of being potential customers in the future. You can also tell your audience what your goals are for the future of your brand through social media. This gives your audience something to expect and anticipate in the future.
- Viral content
- Social media platforms have the tendency to create viral content. If your business or startup has something novel about it then capitalizing on this opportunity could potentially skyrocket your startup’s growth and expose it to a wider audience. The explosive range of social media is one of the main reasons as to why you should consider it as part of your marketing plan. When content spreads, it can even reach places where you didn’t intend for it to reach.
- Get ahead of your competitor
- Gaining followers and a presence in a social media platform ahead of your competitors can go a long way. By establishing your presence earlier, you can create a perception of authority that you were the original or the go-to brand for that specific product or service.
- This is simply one of the many ways for you to create leads. Another way to create leads for your business is by using an automated lead generation service such as LinkedIn Automation for your startup.