In every new update of Windows 10, many new things arrange a bit in the system for better performance and features. All this is recommendable to make things better for you. When you purchase a new PC, and it contains a pre-installed Windows 10, you will experience OOBE in it. In this option, you have to choose the language, account, your privacy settings, and other connections to the Wireless network.
Whether you believe it or not, the OOBE is just like a new cosmetic update. It will help every user to configure the Windows Privacy option with a lot of deep modification options. Another fantastic thing is that the entire process will help you manage the type of information created by the developers to set up as per your preferences. However, there are significant other things involved in the procedure. That’s what we are going to discuss here in the article.
Different Configuration Options of Windows 10:
Show Hidden Files and Extensions:
In the default settings, the Windows 10 has a lot of hidden extensions available. A new user can’t see all these files. Let say you have a quarterly report; it will appear as “quarterly report” instead of “quarterlyreport.pptx.”
- It’s well-known among the users that the Microsoft platform is hiding the extension in the default setting for many years, which tends to be a misguided effort. In general, people might face significant problems instead of benefits. However, you can show these extensions by following these steps on Windows 10.
- Go to Control Panel: You can either search it on the Windows toolbar or press the Windows + X button.
- Click on the File Explorer Option: Sometimes, it’s hard to find the option, so you can change the panel view to larger icons to easily find it.
- Click on the View Tab. There you will see “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” in the Advanced Setting Option. If it’s unchecked, make sure to check it. In the same option, make sure to uncheck the “Hide Extension for known file types” “Hide Empty Drives” and “Hide Protected operating system files” option.
- Now, click on all the options that come in your way to enable the setting.
Enable the System Protection Option
System protection is one of the essential things to do when you have installed a new Windows 10 on your computer. The majority of the time Windows 10 keeps the protection option disabled de. If you want better protection, you have to enable the option and get protected. For that, you have to create a restore point, and that’s what we are going to tell you about in the below instructions.
- Go to the search bar option in the windows toolbar. Enter “restore point” in it.
- After finding the option, make sure to launch it from the results. There, you will be provided with the available driver’s list.
- Make sure to click on the configure option available in the system drive. You should know hat system files refers to C drive, and it contains the word “system” after the volume name.
- Visit the toggle restore settings, where you will see “Turn on System protection.” Click on that and set the preferable disk space usage, and then click on the ok button.
- Click on the create option, so you can right way create an initial restore.
- Now, give it the desirable name, when the option will prompt to you.
- Click on the close option, when all of the things complete.Lock Screen Disable:
There is a built-in windows lock screen feature that insists you swipe or click every time you wake or boot your computer. If you find it unusual, you can easily unlock it. For that, follow the below instructions.
- You have to type Regedit inside the Run box to open the registry editor.
- Go to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows.”
- You have to create a registry key in the third step, which is also known as personalization. If it isn’t available already, you can create one for yourself by clicking on the right pane, and go with selecting the key.
- You can create a new Value for DWORD within the key for personalization, and you can edit it with the name of NoLockScreen.
- You can now set the value by performing a double click on the NoLockScreen option, enter the value “1”, and then click on the ok option.
When you install a new Windows 10 or other windows, it’s evident that you don’t get a pre-installed VPN service. VPN is generally a software, which keeps your online presence anonymous to keep your computer safe from DNS attacks, Malwares, or hackers. For that, you have to consider the best windows 10 VPN. There are many Paid VPN’s available in the market, which will help you at every point. Finding a free VPN is useless, so it already goes with a paid VPN to secure your searching experience.
Change Your Default Browser:
If you have installed the Windows 10 for the first time, you will experience that Windows Edge will be your Default browser. To transfer it for Firefox or chrome, you can change it straight away by following these instructions.
- Select the settings option by clicking on the windows toolbar option.
- Go to the “system” option.
- Click on the “Default Apps” option.
- Under the “Web browser,” you will see the Microsoft Edge icon, click on it.
- Now, Select the Browser you want for yourself.
Windows 10 comes with a lot of options that are not preferable for all the users. For that, you have to configure it for the significant features manually. You can change the default browser, disable the lock screen, show hidden files, and enable system protection in your new windows 10. All these options are effortless to configure, and you don’t need extra support to perform it correctly. However, VPN is one of the things that you have to set out of your Windows settings. You can search about the best windows 10 VPN on the google search bar, and it will provide you good options. Setup any one of them, and you are good to keep your online searching experienced in an encrypted connection.